Monday, February 3, 2014

Starburst

So I know I said I wasn't feeling the starburst quilt pattern I had begun, but after talking with my mother-in-law, who loved it, I decided to revisit it and try again instead of completely redoing it. 

As a recap, here was the original design:

And here was my take, with the lone star pattern:
I changed it a bit as I was sewing it up, and put all the greens in the center with a purple ring around them.  Putting the star together wasn't so bad, I did rip the seams a few times to get everything to line up, but seeing as this was my first time to make this pattern, it ended up ok. The issue came when I tried to do the y-seams to add the sold border around the star. I just could not get them to work right. Now that I've stepped away from it for a few days, I'm going to try again.  If it doesn't work, I'm going to just appliqué the whole thing down onto the purple back ground fabric. Then I just have to make the two borders, add the backing and quilt it. We'll see how it goes, and if I have to go to plan c :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment