Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Deal Me In!

This week has been very productive week for sewing! Last night I got my mom the help me finish adding the borders to the Starburst quilt. It looks great and I'm happy how it turned out, even if some of the points are a little wonky (I won't tell if you won't :).


Next up is sandwiching it and quilting it. I have a wonderful light green minky for the backing. My goal is to start quilt it this weekend. 


I also got the next sampler blocks done! This is one of my favorite patterns, the card trick block. I love how the block looks so different just by changing the colors of the fabrics. 

Revolutionary
I was worried about the contrast of the fabrics in this block, but I think it turned out great. The colors are pretty close to how they actually look, and most of my points are even! I have a hard time with points sometimes, but I'm getting better. These sampler blocks are great practice. 

Roaring 30's
I was't going to put white in this quilt, but this block just begged for it. The solid color really makes the patterns pop. I need to add more white from now on. 

Mod Squad
This block just doesn't photograph well (not that anything really does under fluorescent light, on a wooden dining table, at 10:00 at night). The colors are actually more vibrant, and the two blue and green patterns are on a white background. The blue background is also more blue and less black as it shows here. I really like this block. 


Beale Street
This block. I love it. I am so glad I picked this combo of colors. 

Rainbow
These colors are a little more vibrant in person, and you can tell a much greater contrast between the light yellow top right card and the light green background. The rainbow blocks are always the first block I do, so it's my practice block. This block came out a little wonky, but not too terrible. 

So that's another 5 blocks for the samplers! I might finish the tops in the next 5 years! 





No comments:

Post a Comment