Saturday, March 29, 2014

Houndstooth

As part of this blog, I want to create a record of the quilts I have made. My grandmother has made over 200 quilts in her lifetime, and she has a list of most of them, and pictures of some, and I so wish I had a better record of the wonderful quilts she has made to be able to look back on someday. I hope that by recording my quilts here that I can pass on my legacy to my granddaughter one day.

To start, here is the first quilt I ever completely finished. It is a lap quilt I made for my mother-in-law. It's not the first quilt I ever started (I still have 2 or 3 WIP's that I started in college), but it is one of my favorites. It is a houndstooth pattern that I modified from somewhere. I created it in 2013, machine pieced and quilted, using solid colors.


Since everybody in my family are huge Alabama fans (and it's where both my husband and I graduated), this pattern was very appropriate. I want to remake this one some day but double it to use when we go tailgating. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt, corey!!
    I need your email and mailing addresses to add you to the Quilt for Kate send along. I am sending the quilt out this week :) I am so psyched that you are joining us!! lori

    ReplyDelete