Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The 350 Blocks Project

Since my last post, I've made another 10 blocks for the blue and tan quilt for my husband, which I think I'm going to call Points and Bars. That brings the total up to 57! I hope to get it done in the next few months, at least have the top pieced by our anniversary in July. As part of helping me stay on course, I am participating in the 350 Blocks Project on Prairie Moon Quilts. It's just a way to check in and make sure I'm on track, the goal is to make 350 quilt blocks this year. Each month  a goal is set, and quilters report in on their progress. March's goal is 30 blocks, which I have hit, but I'm behind for January and February, so my over all total is low. Here's how it's shaping up so far:

Points & Bars: 57 Blocks
Family Samplers: 10 Blocks (2 per quilt)
Starburst: 6 Blocks (I'm counting each point of the star as one block, as I had to sew them together to create the whole star)

Total of 72! I hope to make 8 more so I can get back on track for the year. Some of the other quilters have already made upwards of 200 blocks! I am in awe of their abilities. I may not make the 350 goal, but I hope to have at least a good head start on the sampler quilts and the others that come up along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment